Science Insight is an Encyclopædia Britannica series of five Science textbooks for classes 1 to 5. The series is graded to the cognitive levels of the learners and develops in them the scientific skills of observation, data collection, investigation, and drawing conclusions. It seeks to sensitize learners to the need of a healthy ecological balance and conservation.
The salient features of the series are:
- Let's explore: Provides scenarios that arouse curiosity in students to explore the topics
- Let's experiment: Learning by doing develops observation, data collection, and inferential skills.
- Let's talk: Group discussions and debates assimilate data.
- Project: Investigative and data interpretation skills are developed
- Put on your thinking cap: Recapitulation of content through a variety of exercises and drilling
- Think about it: Challenging opportunities to develop analytical skills
- Infobit: Interesting facts add more information to each topic.
- Go green: Ecological awareness through eco facts
- At a glance: A graphical representation of the key concepts taught in the chapter
- Life skills: Skills that will encourage students to work for the environment
- Check out: Web links encourage further research.
- Word bank: Word bank of Science terms
- Glossary: Meanings of difficult words given along the content
- Test papers: Two sample tests
Science Insight has been designed to ignite young minds so as to develop in the learners, scientific attitudes and skills, with a propensity to naturally apply them to all aspects of life always.