The Britannica’s Early Steps series is a complete learning solution for three pre-primary classes - Nursery, LKG, and UKG. The series comprises fifteen books, which include English course books, English workbooks, Mathematics books, General Awareness books, and Phonics books for students. The series consists of two unique offerings for teachers - the School Readiness Programme and the Teachers Manual designed to foster increased teacher student interactivity. The teacher manuals for all subjects are highly detailed and provide ways to teach each topic in a simplistic manner.
The books are a result of extensive research carried out by our team of international and regional educationalist and instructional designers. The principles of Learn, Apply, Interact, and Develop (LAID) have been followed to create a unique pedagogy which ensures an all-round development of children.
The books help the teachers to plan their daily teaching routine by providing assistance on organizing group work and pair work, projects, exercises and interesting worksheets. The activities are specially designed to increase thinking and interaction amongst the children.
Phonics BoxPhonics is a method of teaching sounds and helping the students to associate the sounds with the letters of the English alphabet. Our Pre-primary Phonics course covers all the basics of phonics over a period of three years and aims to make its teaching and learning a joyful experience. It also aims to inculcate correct speaking habits and pronunciation from an early age with a pack of colorful, visually enriched, and engaging flashcards, each depicting an alphabet, blend, or digraph sound. This helps improve a child’s memory, vocabulary, word recognition capabilities, and diction. The flash cards engage a child’s curiosity to learn in a creative manner.
This box also has a Teacher’s Manual in CD format that focuses on the correct way to introduce a sound and reinforce it through class activities that are structured, engaging, and aimed at providing plenty of practice.
Salient Features of the Early Step SeriesThe series has a structure that enables a child to think, explore, try, and practice. Our lessons have the following innovative sections:
- Let Us Discuss Focuses on the need to interact and inculcate the habit of higher order thinking skills in children; every concept is followed by a section called Let Us Discuss.
- Achievement Chart This will enable teacher to track children's progress against each topic.
- Text books & Workbooks for English, Maths and General Awareness.
- Text books for Phonics Unique offering based on Phonetic Principles
- Detailed Teacher Manuals for Phonetics and Textbooks.
- Unique School Readiness Programme for each class 35 day program that develops a child's Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills and :
● Helps child adjust to learning in a fun manner
● Eases child into school environment and formal teaching
- CD Phonetic sounds, Sherston content, Detailed Teacher Manuals