Digital Voyage, an Encyclopædia Britannica school series of books for classes 1 to 8, uses an interactive and
hands – on approach to teach the essentials of computers. Each book comes with a teacher CD that contains a set of
animations to conduct a class and demonstrate software procedures.
Based on the latest trends in computer education, the series covers popular computer devices and software. Books 1 to 5 include the basics of computer science with real – life examples on how to use Windows, Microsoft Office, LOGO programming, and the Internet. Books 6 to 8 also include HTML, QBASIC, Visual Basic, C ++, Adobe Flash, and Adobe Photoshop.
The salient features of the series:
- Covers Windows 7 with an overview of Windows 8
- Covers MS Office 201 Oas well as what's new in Office 2013
- Provides updates on programming languages, such as QBASIC
- Intersperses explanations with chapter–specific exercises, lab activities, and projects
- Contains cross–discipline projects that link computer science with other subjects taught in school
- Provides Did–you–know tips to increase students' awareness of facts, concepts, and inventions related to computers
- Formative and summative assessments strategically placed to fulfil CBSE requirements
- Includes the Fun with Computers section with games and activities for students
- Includes National Cyber Olympiad questions on IT in books 2–8
- Provides ergonomic tips to help students avoid common health issues related to excessive and improper use of computers
- Has Teacher CDs with animations to facilitate the illustration of concepts and demonstration of software in class *
- Computer care tips
- Practical tips for the use of Windows and other software
- Definitions of new or difficult words used in a chapter
- The iConnect section to provide a link between the Apple and Windows interfaces and make students aware of Apple devices and user interfaces
- The Think and Discuss section to promote speaking, listening, and collaborative learning skills
- Worksheets to build rational and logical thinking skills related to the topics taught
* Teacher's Manuals, Teacher's CDs, and Teacher's Resource Kits are for SCHOOLS ONLY and not for retail sale.